Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings...These Are A Few of My Favorite Things!

We thought perhaps they were lost - but now they're found!
We thought perhaps they were stolen - but now they're here!
We thought maybe they were just delayed in coming - apparently so...two months delayed in one case!

But God is faithful and has answered our prayers. In perfect timing, might I add!

MY PACKAGES HAVE ARRIVED!!!!
Not just one...
Not just two...
but FIVE all in one day!
AND a letter from a sweet younger sister in the Lord!

Three of the packages were from my family (thanks a million Mom and Dad!) containing a re-supply of the vitamins and natural immune-boosting supplements that I am going through pretty fast AND a new batch of ProActiv which I am desperately in need of as the dusty Bolivian air has wrought havoc on my skin.

Two of the packages were from a friend, who, when she saw our handy-dandy toothbrush system in one of the blog posts, wanted to contribute travel sized toothpaste to our cause. It just so happened that, a couple days after she emailed me about this, the ministry she works for (Care Net Pregnancy Center) where I also used to work, received a generous donation of travel sized toothpaste...that they couldn't use. [smile]

Guess who my friend thought of instead?

Thanks, Brittney and Care Net! As you can see, we get pretty excited about toothpaste around here!

The Bible says, "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."

In that case, today, I've been basking in Niagra Falls.

1 comment:

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

YAY, so glad!! I was starting to fear the worse for your packages. Today David brought me a slip to go pick up a package from a missionary friend in Ecuador. Now for time to go do just that... ;-)