Friday, August 21, 2009

News Flash!

Howdy friends!

It was my hope to write a bit more on this blog while Katrina was away, but I've been buried under piles of wedding invitation envelopes that I've been calligraphying this week! Wedding plans are moving along and the Lord continues to faithfully provide! Hopefully, I'll have time tomorrow to post one more special thought that I've been saving to share with you all. Until then, here is that latest scoop from Katrina's e-mail tonight...


Hi family!

We're back at the hotel in the Dominican! We stopped off to use the computers before eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant here on the 6th floor.

It's been quite a week. God has taught us both so much. We can see why He took us on this trip, even though His reasons were so different from what we thought they'd be.

The children and staff at the orphanage were precious. We enjoyed getting to know them all.

In a way, it's been the longest week of my life. Life in Haiti is so SLOW! (Especially during the summer.) I am ready to get back to the business and productiveness of life at home!

I got a sore throat on Wednesday, which turned into a stuffy nose the last two days, so I'm not a 100% in health, but it's been very manageable. Thankfully no tummy issues or intestinal trouble! The food in Haiti was GREAT! Haven't slept well any night but one, due to the heat and noise of Haiti. Hopefully, I'll get a good night's rest tonight before a long day of traveling tomorrow.

I'm especially looking forward to having hot water again for washing hands. It's the little things in life that are so siginificant, huh?

I could keep writing and writing about our experiences, but it'll be easier to share in person. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, Lord willing!

Love and hugs,
Katrina



We plan to pick Katrina up from the airport Saturday evening! It will be great to hug her neck, hear her stories, and have my roommate back!

~Katelin :)

1 comment:

Sarah Beth said...

I'll be praying for a safe flight! Thanks for sharing, Katelin!

Sarah Beth