Sunday, August 16, 2009

News From Afar!

Hello Blog Readers!

This is Katelin and I’m hijacking Katrina’s blog while she is in Haiti!

I just wanted to let all of you dear praying friends know that we have received word that Katrina and her friend, Bridgette, have made it safely to the Dominican Republic this evening! We are praising God for their safety! They were taken to their hotel in the Dominican where they will spend the night. Monday morning will be the border crossing, followed by a three hour drive to the Hope for Haiti Children's Center.

I learned something interesting about Haiti this evening! In my search to find out what time zone Haiti is on, I learned that the country is on EST. However, because Haiti does not observe Daylight Savings Time, the country is currently on the same time zone as Texas!

That's all the news I have for now! I'll keep you posted as we hear more details...

~Katelin :)

No comments: