Monday, December 14, 2009

I Love My Job

Today at the pregnancy center, a young woman came in for an appointment, undecided in regards to whether or not she planned to carry her child to term. After meeting with a counselor, she received an ultrasound. There on the screen danced her precious, 18-week baby. She laughed! Oh, the joy! A baby. A real, live baby! A heart beat!

She walked out of here with much to ponder and weighty decisions to make. But we are hopeful she will choose life for her child!


A second story:
"Monique" (named changed to protect confidentiality) and her boyfriend came for their ultrasound today. Several weeks ago, they had originally made an appointment for an abortion, but at the last minute, they changed their minds. They just couldn't bring themselves to end their child's life. Instead, they came here for support, resources, and guidance. During their ultrasound today, Monique and her boyfriend saw the image of their baby and nearly cried. They were so thrilled they had not gone through with the abortion!

Thank You, Lord, for the victories you are winning!

I love my job.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Praise the Lord! What wonderful stories =) I'm so glad God is able to use you and your job to bring people closer to him.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Tears well up in my eyes as I think what He did. Babies are soooo precious.

~Sarah H.

Unknown said...

Oh what wonderful stories!! Thank you for sharing, Katrina!! I hope to get a job at my local PRC as soon as I can, but for now, I am happy with just donating money to them and their awesome cause!! I've been collecting money from friends (and even people who I haven't met personally!!) and will give it to my PRC as a Christmas gift next week! I am very excited about this opportunity, since I have sensed God telling me to help the PRC in some way...even if it IS a small one. Even though I already know just how precious babies are, having my Mother expecting another one (due in July! :), makes me just want to fight harder against this unhumanly act in our world today called abortion. May God bless your efforts as you serve Him at your PRC!!

Blessings,
~Miss Raquel