Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Outside My Window

It's a cozy Friday morning.

Delicious smells are wafting from the kitchen. Beautiful Christmas music plays softly in the background.

Best of all, snow is falling outside. Yes, snow. Here. In Houston! At Christmas time! Every few minutes, I have to run to the window just to drink in this glorious sight.

Maybe it's hard for you northern readers to understand the delight of seeing snow. You probably see more of it than you would wish. But for us southerners who live in the semi-tropics, snow is a miracle! Especially at Christmas time. :-)

It's been snowing lightly on and off all morning, but right now, at this very minute, there are thick flakes falling fast and furiously! Maybe, just maybe, as the temperature drops throughout the day, it will even stick to the ground.

Oh, wait! It is sticking! Nice little piles are starting to build up on the plants and fences outside. This is so cool!

Thank You, Lord, for the unexpected delight of a snowy day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw. so exciting!! I'm glad for you. I wish it was snowing here. I used to live in Oregon where it snowed more, but alas, now that I live in Oklahoma, we don't get much snow.
Enjoy! :)
Blessings!

Sheila said...

Beautiful! Living on the West Coast of Canada, I know what you mean, snow is a real treat, we only get it 2-ish times a year. Enjoy it while it lasts! :-D

Emily said...

That's cool! I'm glad you're enjoying the snow. I live up in the mountains in PA, so I do see more snow than I wish I would, but the light snowy days are always beautiful.

God bless!
Emily <3

Emily said...

Oops, I also forgot to tell you that you've been awarded over at my blog.

http://emillyrachael.blogspot.com/2009/12/award-3.html

God bless!
Emily <3

~Rebekah Bjur~ said...

I miss snow :( we don't even get rain down here in Chile! lol

Kate said...

No fair Katrina!! :) I am jealous - we got a whopping 1/16 of an inch (if that) of snow a couple days ago, and it stuck to the ground for all of 30 minutes. :) It was supposed to snow today, but the weather forecast changed at the last minute. :( Send a little of it up our way!! :)

It was great to talk to you the other day - thanks so much for keeping in touch with us - it means a lot. You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your trip!!

With love,
Kate

Kasey said...

That's soooo neat, Katrina! I'm slightly envious of your snow. Here it's just plain very cold, and we are wishing it would snow!

quinn emery said...

it snowed the other day in Dallas, too! :D