Friday, September 16, 2011

Remembering the Gifts...

September 5, 2011

240. The trip to Perú and how God worked everything out so amazingly so I could go

241. The unforgettable look on Sarah's face when she walked in and saw me sitting on her bed

242. Laughter and long talks with all the Earnhart ladies in the kitchen

243. Sweet fellowship with old friends at Iglesia Bautista Calvario

244. Getting to serve in a church again by teaching Sunday school and playing the piano

245. Joy - deep and rich

246. Laughing at Justin's crazy antics until my stomach hurt

247. Sleeping in late

248. Long talks with Sarah and Abbey in our PJs

249. Music show and tell on the computer

250. Chocolate

251. A warm, crackling fire

252. An uplifting movie portraying a loving, Christian family and breathtaking scenery

253. Sam

254. Delightful conversations with Amanda

255. Making granola products with Sarah

256. Clothes to borrow in frigid temperatures

257. Birthday door decorations

258. Long talks with my friend in Canada

259. Fun girl time

260. Dainty white flowers on pink, painted toenails

261. Connecting with Becky over cake and hot tea

262. Tears and prayers

263. Cooking an Italian lunch with Abbey as Big Band music played in the background

264. Bright blue and green parakeets

265. Holding a sweet 2-year-old on my lap while helping her with her craft during Patch Club

266. Seeing the excitement on Amanda's face for playing Go Fish

267. Craggy mountains covered with snow

268. Volcanos that looked like ice cream floats

269. Fresh, hot empanadas and a cup of tea at the La Paz airport

270. Free WiFi

271. A sweater-clad puppy dog sniffing his way through the airport

272. Excitement to return "home" to Cochabamba - green-brown mountains, sunshine, precious kiddos!

273. ProActiv and its effects :)

274. The incredible story of Jackie Pullinger in her biography Chasing the Dragon and the perspective it gives me on life; my problems are so small in the scope of things

275. The exemplary marriage relationship of George and Mary Muller as read in their biography, Delighted in God


September 16

276. Purple trees all in bloom

277. Nap time

278. Cool breezes

279. Rocking in the evening coolness with two adorable children in my lap

280. Singing on the way to school

1 comment:

Jo Dee Reeves said...

Katrina~ I am so glad you got to go back to Columbia! It has been such a blessing reading about your work there with the children. Ever since I met you, I have been trying to figure out who it is that you put me in remembrance of. Now I know. The girl in the Christy movies - and it seems you are going about doing the same kind of blessing that she did! It is my Birthday today and I cannot believe it has been an entire year since all the students sang Happy Birthday to me out in front of the Koininea. I am very involved here now that I have spent time healing. You are blessed to be doing what God called you to do! There is a group going from here to Chihuahua in October, but I cannot go. My e-mail is theshepherdsgirl@yahoo.com.
Jo Dee