Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Sunday in Peru

For more years than I can remember, my family has had the tradition of decorating the door of the birthday person and leaving little gifts. When I came to Peru in 2004 to live and work with the Earnhart family, I shared the tradition with them, and they have faithfully kept it up!

Sarah got both a door and a wall decorated for her birthday!

Teaching ladies' Sunday school at Iglesia Bautista Calvario.

It was my first time to teach a ladies' class (usually I teach teenage girls or children!) and it was my first time to teach in Spanish! Praise the Lord, it went pretty well!

Can you figure out from the board what my topic was? :)

Singing to Sarah in church. Feliz cumpleaños!

New friends and old

Sarah and I in our "matching" purple and black (no, it was not intentional)

Walking to lunch afterward...

Quick pic with Becky and Madyson!

Friends Forever

The photographer at work

Cutie-Pie Amanda

Evening church and smiling faces...

Fellowship with the ladies

Sarah and Mari

Basking in the birthday glory :)

A little person looking so Peruvian!

Cheers!

Gift opening time



Passing along my new favorite book to one of my favorite people!

No comments: