Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Surprising Sarah

I absolutely love surprises! (Both giving them and receiving them.) This past Saturday, God worked it out such that I was able to fly to Perú for a 6-day visit as a surprise birthday gift for my "adopted" sister, Sarah Earnhart. I will never forget the look on her face when she walked into her room and saw me sitting on her bed! Abbey photographed the whole thing much to our delight!

Just a normal Saturday afternoon...or so it would seem...

"Hey! Did I hear someone was having a birthday tomorrow?" - Katrina

Shock.

I don't believe what I'm seeing!

No way!

I can't believe you're here!

Is it really you?

What are you doing here?!

Big hugs.

Happy Tears.

Not wanting to let go.

"Yes, it's really me, Sarah!"

"It's not everyday your younger sister turns 20."

A very happy Becky delighted that we pulled off the surprise without her finding out!

I can't believe you're really here!!!

"Yes, I'm really here!"

Another hug!

This one knocked me to the bed. What a warm welcome. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun birthday surprise!!

Keepersofthelight said...

What a great experince for an MK to have for his/her birthday...glad you were able to surprise your friend for her birthday......wish that was a possibility for every MK!