Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jesus Heals, Not Band-Aids

Today, I extracted a splinter that was deeply embedded under the toenail of one of my four year olds. Poor little girl. It was a painful process, but by God's grace and with the help of a needle and tweezers, we were victorious!

Afterward, as the little one proudly sported a Band-Aid on her big toe, my 7-year-old theologian declared, "Jesus has healed her, not the Band-Aid, right?"

"Well, Jesus will heal her," I said. "It will take time, but yes, you are right. He is the Healer, not the Band-Aid."

"Yeah, the Band-Aid is just there to cover the toe so she won't get a splinter again."

Glad we got all that straight. :)

1 comment:

Sarah Beth said...

"deeply embedded" sometimes I marvel at your way with words... the sometimes my tummy just twists in pain. lol way to go doctora!