Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kids Say the Cutest Things!

Last night, as I was on an outing with a few of the children, 7-year-old Abigail and I had a most interesting conversation on the mini-bus.


Part 1


“Tia Katrina, what is that?” (points to a mole on my chin)


“That is a mole.”


“Is it contagious?”


“No, it’s part of my face.”


“Why do you have that?”


“Well, it’s part of God’s creation of my body.”


“So...God made you to have that?”


“Yes.”


“Why?”


“Well, it’s like decoration for my face.”


“Oh. Okay.”



Part 2


Looking at my hand resting next to her hand...


“Tia Katrina, your skin is very white.”


“Yes, I’m very white even in my country.”


“Why?”


“It’s how God made me. He makes people all different colors. Some are black, some are white, some are yellow...”


“No. There’s black and there’s white and there’s normal. Like me. See my skin? This is normal. It’s like a mix of black and white.”


“Isn’t that what you call brown?”


“No, it’s just normal.”



The conversation continued today at lunch...


Part 3


“Tia Katrina, why do you have hair on your arm?”


“That’s how God made me. It’s His creation.”


“So God gave you hair on your arm?”


“Yes. Some people have hair on their arms and other people don’t. Some people have dark hair and some people have light hair like me. It just depends on the person.”


“No, it depends on God. You just said it was His creation, right?”


“Right.”


“So it doesn’t depend on the person. It depends on God. He’s the Maker.”


It would seem my 7-year-old little theologian has finally gotten the point. :)