Monday, July 25, 2011

Set Apart Girl


Ever since the latest edition of Set Apart Girl hit cyberspace in the beginning of July, I have looked forward to reading it. However, due to a busy new life here in Bolivia, a shared internet cable for several weeks, and a connection that isn't always speedy, I have not had the chance to relax in front of my laptop long enough to enjoy the magazine until tonight. Once again, I have been blessed!

This month's feature articles are encouraging as ever! And the beautiful photography/graphic design is a treat for the eyes, reminding me that dignity and beauty are noble aspirations to strive for even surrounded by a dusty city and the messes that fourteen children so easily create. :)

I was especially blessed by Leslie's article in the Set Apart Motherhood column about creating a beautiful environment in your home even in regards to the children's areas. The pictures look likes something out of a home decorating magazine about which you always question the reality of! But I have been to the Ludy's home and seen it with my own eyes, so I can truly attest to the reality of these pictures. When I visited several years ago, I remember being awe-struck by the loveliness of their home thinking it was the most warm, welcoming, beautiful home environment I had ever been in - including the children's bedrooms! So, yes, those pictures are the real deal and definitely possible to emulate! As I've been working this past week to help bring order and tidiness to Casa de Amor House II where I now live, I have found this article to ring true with the desires and aspirations of my own soul. :)

I was also especially blessed by the article about detecting a true Warrior-Poet from an imposter. After a year that has included several new experiences with guys that I'd never had before, I could really appreciate the wisdom of this article.

And of course, having been engaged in Pro-Life ministry for four years at Care Net Pregnancy Center, I was delighted to read Leslie's article about standing for the unborn. She not only poignantly expresses the importance of being involved in the battle for life, but she also gives many practical suggestions for how to do so.

So my friends, when you have a free hour of quiet, I strongly encourage you to boil yourself a cup of tea, turn on some soothing music, and enjoy the contents of this month's Set Apart Girl Magazine! May the Lord use it to draw you closer to Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been following your blog for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent work!

Also visit my web blog: digital freeview recorder