Monday, November 21, 2011

Indian Day

Since we are hosting a Thanksgiving feast here on Thursday for the Americans who work with Casa de Amor, I decided it would be good to teach my older children about this holiday, its history and significance. So, today we began by studying a little bit about Native American Indians. We looked at pictures/videos of them on the computer, discussed their lifestyle, and made Indian feather bands. These children love to express their creativity through craft projects, so the headbands were a hit! They wore them the rest of the day (except for during nap time).

Eating an "Indian" snack while coloring feathers.

Raisins and soy nuts. (Hey - it was the best I could come up with!)

My little Indian Princess.

SeƱor Indian

The Junior Warrior

The three little Indians that could.

They wore their feather bands while they worked...

...and played!
(This, I was informed, was their boat and I was standing in the water!)

Yes, it was a fun day.

No comments: