Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A New Adventure

Starting next week, my life is about to change.

In a drastic way.

I'm going to become a mommy.

For a month.

To these five children.



Yes, the thought overwhelms me.

And excites me!

But God overwhelms the overwhelming.

Because He's bigger.

And He led me to do this...

To offer myself for the care of these precious little ones while their foster parents are in the States for a month.

To be a stable force in their lives.

And so I know He will be with me.

He will give me grace for the challenges.

Joy multiplied in the act of living for others.

Training starts tomorrow.

Tomorrow I pack my bags and leave House 2 for the new adventures that await at House 3.

Please pray.

For wisdom in being a mommy.

For patience.

For love overflowing.

"Whoseover shall receive this child in my name receiveth me..."

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Katrina, thats great! i am so excited for you. I know you will be an excellent mommy with the help of the Lord. I have enjoyed seeing all the different things you have done since being there and the ways the Lord has grown you. Love you ~ Tany

Katrina Marie said...

Aw, Tany, thanks for your sweet comment! It's great to hear from you! We really do need to try to connect on Skype soon. I will have naptimes and evenings available! :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Katrina! I will be praying for you. What will your day be like? Will you have any help? Do any of them go to school? They are adorable and I know you will be a great mommy. Blessings, Jennifer

Shelby Thomas said...

I'll be praying for you! What a task! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mommy to those little ones...

Just remember to carry your gratitude journal in your apron pocket, and the moment the pressure begins to mount - breath, take it out, and count your blessings. Then share that joy. Goes a long way toward a happy home. :)

And pray for me as I attempt to do the same?!

God bless you and those precious little souls!

Love,
Shelby